Tuesday, July 06, 2004

The "news" of the last 2 weeks

Ok, it has been almost 2 weeks since my last post, so I figure it’s about time to update again.
Obviously updating my blog every day is not a high priority, but I will try to make a bit of an effort to be a bit more frequent – maybe 1-2 times per week.
There is nothing really interesting that has gone on since my last post. We got an estimate on the repairs for the damage from the accident and it is about $2,000. Thankfully all we will have to pay is a $500 deductible to the insurance company. The work should begin on the 12th, or whenever we get it in.
I have been working as always just about every single day averaging about 30 hours a week which doesn’t leave much time left over when I am done. One thing I did last week was to help a friend of mine from church to pack all his (and his wife’s) stuff into a u-haul to move it to Pennsylvania. At first we were really ‘worried’ that it wouldn’t all fit, but by the time we had it all in there, we had space left over!
Though this is roughly the 228th birthday of the US, I didn’t do anything special at all. I had to work both Saturday and Monday, and on Sunday, I went to church and didn’t even watch any fireworks. What a wimpy 4th of July! Oh well!
God is soo great isn't he? One whole day set apart to Him every single week! Sunday, I was able to listen to 2 really great sermons. The first was given by Dr. Blackwood on Joshua 20-21 -- “The Lord Gave Them Rest.” The Levites were sent out among the Israelites in the Promised Land to guard/preach the gospel, so also am I sent out to let the world know of the working of God in my life. The second Sermon was given by Mr. Johnston on 1 Corinthians 9:24-10:22 on Christian liberty and idolatry. In the places God puts me, I need to make a conscious effort to be a witness vs. being sucked into idolatry (godlessness) which as a Christian, I must learn to flee from.
Yesterday after I got off work, I set to work replacing parts for the brakes on my bicycle which now works! Amazing!

1 comment:

Josh said...

Hooray! you posted! good to hear that you are doing well