Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Time for an update!

I can’t believe it’s the middle of July already! This year has gone by so fast. Another week and I’ll be headed up to Calvin on the Bike Trip!
Today I worked from 8a.m. until about 4. The worst part of the day was that the other person I was working with had to go home at about 2:15 and she had already stayed over about an hour. From then until about 3:45, I was by myself in Customer Service (normally there are 2 people at a time). Thankfully it was not really all that busy, but I sure didn’t have a spare moment! Once the people to replace me got there, I was able to go home after staying over an hour extra myself.
Shortly after I got home, I left for the monthly Nicaragua Resource Network Belcezar Committee meeting. This is a meeting in which we talk about Pastor Belcezar’s many churches that are under his supervision. Tonight we talked about several churches in particular that are not currently finished and we began to try to prioritize their needs. There is one church that was built in 1998, and has been in its current state since 2001. All it needs are windows and doors to be complete, but it has just not gotten done yet. One great news item is that Belcezar will be coming to Indiana in October!! I haven’t seen him since my last trip in February 2003! He is probably my favorite of the 3 pastors that are supported by NRN on a monthly basis. I can’t wait to see him again.
One of the major effects of attending these monthly meetings is a monthly reality check and renewal of my desire to go back to Nicaragua again. At this point in my life however, it does not seem that going back is part of God’s will, but as I seek to follow his will, opportunities may come my way.
If by reading this you would like to know more about NRN, there’s a link to the website on the sidebar. Or if you are interested in supporting this ministry, feel free to ask me for more info. There are many needs, but God will provide in his timing all that is needed! How great a God we serve!

Verse of the day:
1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 “12May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. 13May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones.”

No comments: