Sunday, March 20, 2005

Men's Retreat

I'm not even going to try to tell all about it because I should be in bed right now....anyway....
Me and my dad and brother went to a conference that was from 7pm Friday the 18th to about 3pm Saturday the 19th. It was a time of great fellowship, some basketball, volleyball and plenty of snacks. Andrew Quigley from Scotland gave 3 wonderful talks about disciple making. It's our responsibility as Christians to be fruitful, but we have no way to be fruitful if we're not abiding in Christ. The most practical application he suggested is to grow in our relationship with God by Reading the word, Praying, Loving God and others, and Obeying God. I was very deeply challenged by each of the talks to live much more of a solid Christan walk, basing all my strength in the foundation of Jesus Christ, My Savior.
If you are bored and want to read all 2,500 words worth of notes I too, I posted them on my xanga site.
Well, I'm off to bed.

4 comments:

erudil said...

Loving Gid? :-)

Brian said...

Fixed...happy now? :-)

Anonymous said...

So you got yo hear a lot of Andrew Quigley! I am sooooooo sad that I missed evening service, and didn't get to see him or hear him preach while he was here :-( Alas, I could not convince the others that we should leave Walton at 6am so we could get home for evening service. Sounds like what he spoke on at the retreat was one of the talks he gave when the mission team was there last summer.

Anonymous said...

updates are good.