Sunday, December 26, 2004

Time for the update...

I promise this will not be short.....Don't say I didn't warn you! :-)

Ok, I'll start all the way back with Thursday, Dec. 9 - I got some extra hours at work because someone called in. Once I got off, our whole family went to the Indianapolis Sympnony Orchestra's Christmas program. It was really good and wow can those guys sing! I wish I could be in a group like that.

Friday, Dec. 10 - I worked from 10am-6:30pm and then I went over to the Pulliams house to watch a movie called "Finding Forrester." It was a really good movie and inspirational in many ways. The movie is about a kid who ends up being tutored by an author and in school, he enters a contest but is disqualified because his writing is "too good." The author, Forrester, comes and backs up Jamaal (the kid) and he actually ends up winning. There were a lot of neat, helpful, hints for writing better and faster.

Saturday, Dec. 11 - Today I worked from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in customer service and it was about average, but then got a bit busier. When I finally got off, Kevin and I went to see the Northwest Warriors home game against the South East Panthers. The game was held at East 91st Street Christian Church which has been our home court for several years. For some reason they decided to play the games in reverse order starting with varsity, then junior varsity and lastly junior high. Kevin and I did not get there until the last half of the junior varsity game, but we won the varsity and junior varsity games. Most likely we lost the junior high game. We left when there was about three minutes left in the game because we had to get back home. On the way, we stopped to get some buns for dinner and we finally got home at about 5:30. We ate dinner very quickly and changed to be ready for Christmas Expressions which was tonight at church. We ended up leaving at about six and got to church about 15 minutes later. The members of the choir warmed up and then lined up to be ready to walk in at the start of the performance at 6:30. The performance went very well even though it lasted a good hour. I invited Jaci and her friend Amber and her fiancée Chad, and they all really enjoyed the performance. I think that was the best we have ever done it. After the performance was over, there was a time of fellowship and singing of Christmas carols. What a great night!

Sabbath Dec. 12 - I got up at 8:30 this morning, showered really fast, and woke up Kevin who also showered very fast. Somehow everyone managed to be ready and we left at about 9:10. I do not know how we did it, but we were able to make it to Sunday school on time for once in several weeks. The sermon was really good and Pastor James Faris explained Mark 5:1-20 titling it “What Great Things Jesus Has Done For us” The only response from the sermon is to marvel; when you have seen what God has done, the only thing you can do is be awestruck. What is the response God asks of me? I must go home and tell all my friends what God has done for me. I must tell, not merely what God has done in general, but for me specifically and personally. After church, when we got home, Johanna and I were picked up my Mr. Ames and Jaci to go to the Carmel High School’s Christmas Spectacular choral presentation. It was very well done and I am very thankful that the Ames thought of inviting us to go with them. The first half was a combination of dance performance and singing. The second half was entirely singing and was done by all the choirs put together. It was an incredible presentation and I may try to go next year too! On the way home, Mr. Ames was wonderful enough to even get us some dinner at KFC, a restraint that I can not ever remember eating at before. The food was actually pretty good. After we ate, Mr. Ames dropped Johanna and I off at home. We were home for about 30 minutes then we left for the evening service. The message tonight was also very good; Mr. Johnston preached from 2 Corinthians 3 and titled the sermon “Who is adequate for this ministry?” After the evening service, CYA had its biweekly prayer meeting. It was a very good time, as it always is! Then we drove home after getting some gas for Michael’s car which was about empty.

Monday Dec. 13 - I slept in until 11:30, showered, got ready to go to work and left. I have been trying to get to work on time, but I got to work today one minute late. I worked in the office from noon to four and it was very crazy. Jeff’s one hour lunch did not help any. I finally got my break at 3:15, and then I worked another 45 minutes and I was off. I decided to stay there and read my book that I need to finish for Thursday because I can concentrate better when I am not at home. I also wanted to wait until Jaci got her break so we could talk for a little bit, but that was a secondary reason. I stopped by Target on the way home and got a couple things for Christmas and I got home at about 5:45. After dinner we left for BSF and we had another great lecture this time on Hebrews 11-13 (Faith, and how to apply it to life. True faith is revealed by the way I live my life.). When we got home, I practiced my piano, and went to bed.

....More later.....

No comments: