Sunday, May 30, 2004

Even more....

Friday was a day gone bananas. I got up at 6 a.m. and drove Kevin all the way down to South Side RP Church because he is participating in the first high school age ECHO trip to Florida this year. There were about 25 others going down and I think it will be an excellent group. I am quite saddened that I’ll not be able to go to ECHO this year at all . I have gone to ECHO for the last 4 consecutive years, so this will be a different year for me. They left at about 8:30 and had about 10 hours drive to go on Friday, then Saturday they would drive another 10-12 hours before they would finally be there! So after I dropped him off and watched them leave, (I think I’m going to miss him at least a little bit) I drove up to Second RP Church where 2 of my other brothers – Sterling and Adriel - were while Mrs. Turner worked on graduation cakes for the graduation yesterday. I took Sterling and Adriel with me so she wouldn’t have to worry about taking care of them while she was trying to get something done. (Sterling and Adriel are at the Turners’ house while mom and dad are gone) We went first to the zoo, looked around at the new exhibits, then drove to the Children’s Museum and ate lunch. After looking around the Museum for several hours, Mrs. Turner called and told us that she was done and we went back to the church. As soon as I got home at around 5 p.m, I got ready for work, then worked until about 10:30 p.m. Getting home and sleeping for a few hours was wonderful, but then I had to be in to work again Saturday at 8 a.m.
Yesterday (Saturday) I worked like a mad man per se until 1 p.m. when I got off, drove home, changed my clothes, and drove to church. The church held a home school graduation which went off seamlessly even with 7 graduates (my “class” had 10). After a bit of cake and looking at the displays of the many things that the graduates have done over the years, I drove home. I changed into some work clothes and mowed our neighbor’s grass. Coming inside, I had a quick shower and got ready to go to dinner at Ruth Chris’s because I had been invited by a friend of mine whose dad had won $100 for a meal there. It was a totally wild experience! There were servers filling your water every 3-4 minutes and I’ll just say that the food was exquisite and the general atmosphere was very formal. I came home from dinner and started typing this gargantuan post!!

No comments: