Saturday, September 11, 2004

Whew, a day for the record books!

As far as your average day goes, today was way out of the ordinary. To start off, I left our house at 7:30 a.m. I took Johanna, my sister, to church because she was going to help prepare and serve at the Mother / Son Brunch. My mom and two of my brothers met me at church around 8:30. All four of us got our picture taken and then we were seated for the program to begin. The meal started off with a delicious fruit salad. Then we went through the buffet line that included baked oatmeal, waffles, breakfast pizza, Canadian bacon, and home made coffee cake. All the food was wonderfully prepared by Todd Brown, who is a professional chef. Following the meal Senator Kruse, of the Indiana State Senate, gave a wonderful talk about living your Christian life with integrity. Once the brunch was done, I had about 2 hours to work on a few things I had brought with me. Then it was time for the first class of Dr. Blackwood’s Ancient Church History class. This ran for the majority of the afternoon, beginning at 1:30 p.m. and ending at 5:30. Immediately after class was done, I had to leave to go to work at 6. I finally got home after I got off work at 11 p.m. What a long day!

No comments: