Friday, August 13, 2004

Some stuff about me that you might not know...

A survey thing that I found on a friend's blog that I just feel like doing. I hate the usual kind, the questions are so pointless. This one however, has a bit more meaning behind the questions, and it even makes you think!

THINGS YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT:

Something important on your desk: my Bible and computer
When you sleep you wear: pijamas :-) a t-shirt and shorts, nothing special
If you could afford it at the moment, you would buy: this sounds so weird, but a trip to Nicaragua to see all the friends I have down there, and to serve Christ however I can.
Something you don't have a lot of: Time, money.
If your house was burning and you could only save 3 items what would they be: That's hard, I guess my Bible, notebook/journal whatever you want to call it, computer, and my family and pets of course are first on the list.

MORALS
If there were no side effects, you would enjoy being addicted to: Singing all day long, expecially the Psalms.
A time when you purposly hurt someone emotionally: none that I can think of
A time you accidentally hurt someone emotionally: I've done that many more times than I would want to admit to, not to mention that I cant' think of any which is probably a good thing.
One person you have killed in your thoughts: no one, why would I want to get rid of anyone? Sure my little brothers may be annoying at times, but it could be a lot worse, besides we're supposed to love our neighbor as ourself.

FRIENDS:
Three traits you look for in a friend: someone who will listen to anything i want to say or ask, being willing to give time to spend with me, Godliness...
Who makes you laugh most often: I don't know; I make myself laugh quite a bit
A friend who you can tell anything: Rut, Kevin, I don't know who else.
A friend you can go to for advice: Rut Etheridge, Eric Filson, Brad Johnston...
The best piece of advice you had been given: that I should trust God for my salvation
The friend who uses most of your energy: I have no idea

EGO
Your 3 best qualities: do I seem that egotistical? I guess my servant's attitude, desire to help others, general humility
Your 3 worst qualities: I don't usually think about my bad qualities.... maybe bad use of time, lack of self motivation and my propensity to sin
Describe your Ideal self: besides the fact that being ideal is imposible, having a really, really close relationship with God would be at the top of the list, in second place would probably be a better memory
You are embarassed when: maybe when people I know act really dumb in front of other people
The greatest physical pain you ever endured: that would have to be reserved for while I was at ALERT during Basic Training, we went on a really tough 2 day hike, at the end of one of the days, we went up a mountain on a trail that switched back and forth all 3 kilometers up, to make it worse, we had our "multi-day" packs on which weighed at least 50 lbs! Either that hike or at the end of a 12 hour hike, and there was no slowing down all day long, only a couple breaks, and lunch. My legs wouldn't have gone much farther even if my life depended on it!
The greatest emotional pain you ever endured: I don't have any idea. Maybe sometimes when I have had to admit things to my parents, or God. Or maybe while I was at ALERT.
Moment you are most ashamed of: No idea.
Your best physical feature: I really can't say, God has given me a great body. I do have a good tallent for singing though, if that counts.
Who/What makes you happy: God and knowing that I can come to him anytime I want, there are no restrictions.
Who/what makes you sad: Knowing that there are so many people on the Earth that do not know Jesus as their savior, and that they will be going to Hell for eternity.

EMOTIONS
Emotion you hide most: either anger, or true, genuine, Godly love
The emotion you tend to experience most: excitement, and understanding
The emotion you are feeling most lately: is tired an emotion? otherwise slightly overwhelmed "There can be no knowledge without emotion. We may be aware of a truth, yet until we have felt its force, it is not ours. To the cognition of the brain must be added the experience of the soul." Arnold Bennett (1867-1931)
You have a huge amount of guilt regarding: I don't know
When you are angry you need: time alone
When you are sentimental you need: somebody else for support/comfort...
When you are in love you need: since I've not been in love... I don't have a clue.

MEMORIES
One of your most peaceful memories: Nicaragua in 2002, the city we were building a church in was on the beach and one morning I got up really early, went to the beach and just watched as the sun came up, it was truly amazing!
One of your most tragic memories: when my first pet died - a guinea pig, of which I have had a total of about 15 to date counting moms, dads, and babies
One of your angriest memories: probably sometime with one of my brothers
A memory that makes you laugh: I can't seem to remember any in specific
A memory that makes you happy: I have too many of those to count
Something someone can say or do that you find extremely attractive: have a good relationship with Jesus Christ
Something someone can say or do that you find extremely unnatractive: using words that are not appropriate, hurting others
A personality trait you find appealing: outoging
Your secret passion: do I have to have one?
What do you enjoy most about having a committed relationship: How would I know? I'll answer that after I'm in one, like after I'm married (if that even happens)

FINALLY
If you had more time alone you would: spend it reading God's Word, studying it, memorizing it, praying, writing, sleeping...
If you had more patience you would: loose the race to the snail
If you could change one thing about your physical appearance what would it be: I really wouldn't want to change anything, I am thankful for the way God has made me, and that's just fine.
If you had no committments what would you be doing: Sleeping, reading...
If you could have one super power what would it be: The ability to teleport from place to place
If you could start all over: Why would I want to do that? I'm happy with my life the way it has been, of course there are a few things here and there that I could change, but that wouldn't warrent re-living my whole 19.75 years!
THE END :)

~Brian

1 comment:

erudil said...

I agree with "my little brothers may be annoying at times", especially with the littlest 8^D