Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The State Fair!

This wonderful day, I got up at a lovely 9 a.m. After about an hour or two, I had to get ready for work and eat lunch. Work started at noon and went until 4:30 p.m. Once I got off, I came home, changed my clothes and took Kevin down to the State Fair where Michael met us. Unfortunately Kevin and I forgot the free tickets that we got out of the newspapers, so Michael went back home to pick them up. We finally were able to start looking around the fair at about 6:30. One of the first things we did was to eat dinner. For dinner we ate a lamb-burger sandwich, fried Oreos, and a fried Twinkie. Both the Twinkie and Oreo were certainly different, but they were pretty good! Following dinner, we wondered around, going through several different buildings looking at the different exhibits. One of the buildings we visited was the 4-H building which has been totally re-done since last year; it looks great! By the time we finished there, it was time for Michael to leave and go to work, but Kevin and I stayed for a while longer. We were able to see and talk to some friends that we haven’t seen for quite a while. So, besides spending about $25 (which isn't really too bad), we had an excellent time.

3 comments:

Josh said...

What day's paper were the free tickets in?

Brian said...

I'm pretty sure they were in either Monday's paper, but they may have been in Tuesday's. Located in section A page 4 I think. By the way, there's only one ticket in each paper. :) My grandparents went around their retirement village and asked people for theirs if they weren't going to use it, so we ended up with 11 tickets!

erudil said...

I wish we could get free tickets to the Ohio State Fair.