Sunday, August 29, 2004

Work etc...

I can't believe it's been over a week since I have posted anything at all, but here's an update on what's going on.

Not much has changed since my last update post but to keep you all up to speed, here goes.

Work at MARSH is still occupying a majority of my time considering I’m working an average of about 30 hours every week. This week I’ll have about 32. The biggest “problem” with working so much is making time in the rest of my day for the multitude of other things I (want to / am supposed to do / need to do /) have to be doing. However at work I am daily presented with opportunities to minister or witness (usually only by my attitude/actions) to those I come in contact with. The other thing I see a lot at work is just the sin of the world and that’s not necessarily a good thing to see, but it certainly is an eye opener.

The time I’m at home is spent mostly trying to finish a couple subjects that I’ve been to lazy to finish from high school, gardening and landscaping the yard, and making an attempt at cleaning up some of the clutter I have on my desk. In about a week and a half, I’ll begin a writing class with Mr. Pulliam. This class is a continuation of the class that I took a semester of last fall, and since I’m hoping to go back to ALERT in January, I’ll only be taking one semester this fall as well. He is an excellent teacher, but one of the hardest things is all the reading he assigns – usually a book every 2 weeks, and normally I don’t read that fast. The other thing I’m startingis Dr. Blackwood’s ancient church history class. I have taken his Reformation church history class, so I anticipate this one will be a lot like that one – learning all sorts of really neat stuff about the Bible, the Church, and my history as an R.P.er. That should pretty sum up what I’ll be doing this fall.

Some prayer requests that I would:
1 Make use of the opportunities to witness verbally at work.
2 Wisely plan each day so that I can accomplish the most out of the time i have.
3 Be able to learn all that God is trying to teach me by those classes and circumstances of this fall.
4 Be able to go back to ALERT in January, if that is God’s will.

That’s all for now.
In Christ,
Brian

5 comments:

erudil said...

How ancient is ancient church history?

Brian said...

The Creation to 100 AD. You think that's Ancient Enough? :)

Anonymous said...

The other thing I’m startingis Dr. Blackwood’s ancient church history class. hahaha you can't type !!!!!

Brian said...

Nope, I just deleted too many spaces. :)

erudil said...

Who was that?