Friday, November 12, 2004

I like my employer but...

For two days in a row, they have called and told me to not come in.

Yesterday they just told me that they didn't need me to cover an extra part of someone's shift, but I still got to work my originally scheduled shift.

Today's a different story - I was supposed to work from 1pm-5pm and they called me at 8:30 this morning, telling me that they don't want me to come in at all today!

Ok, I know I'm selfish, I like my hours. Why did they have to cut me? Sure I have other things I can do, but that's irrelevant. There are people who are working that haven't been there even a month and I have been with the company for 3.5 years! Surely I have a little bit of seniority?

They said they had to cut hours because they were over budget on hours or something. Forget the budget! Oh well, life goes on. Besides it’s only 4 hours! You think I can deal with that? I hope so.

Please don’t start a pity party, but do pray that they will give me more hours. (Next week I’m scheduled for 31 hours! Yay!)

End of Rant.

May the rest of my day go better……

~Brian~

No comments: