Friday, November 05, 2004

Yay! I'm 20! Now what?

I have this weird feeling, you really don't feel any older, but yet, you are. I'm no longer a teenager and well, It's kinda cool to look back over my "long" life and see how God has brought me from where I was, all the way to where I am now! Be that through Church, Friends, Sabbath School, Teachers, 8 mission trips, and well there's so many more things in my life that make me who I am now, but it's ALL because of GOD! Praise the Lord!
For my birthday, we really didn't do anything because I worked from 8 am - 4:30 (at least I was supposed to be there at 8! I accidently slept in and didn't get there till 10!) I don't know why I worked on my birthday, but oh well, I need as many hours as I can get. After work, I came home for a little while before going to the Bright's house for a CYA (Covenanter Young Adult - College age) activity. We watched a movie called "Amadaeus" about Mozart. The main point of the movie is that this other composer who lived at the same time, didn't like Mozart because God had given Mozart more tallent than he received. Basically what it comes down to is the other guy is fighting against God, who is represented in Mozart, and in the end he looses (duh). I had invited Jaci from work, and I'm really glad she was able to make it, and she enjoyed it and said she's interested in coming to future CYA events too. :-) I finally got home about midnight and went to bed!

Pray for: Jaci and her family -- going to CA for a wedding this weekend, please pray for safety and a good time. Me -- that I would live this next year to God's glory in all I do. Josh -- Continued healing for his ankle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayer. We made it here safely and so far are having a blast. I'm looking forwared to the next CYA event to come. Hope you have a good weekend. I will see you sometime in the next few days im sure.

~Jaci

Josh said...

You're like OLD man! No, you're like AN OLD MAN. Do you realize that if you go off an become a missionary and get eaten by cannibals, you could well have lived over two thirds of your life already? Sorry I couldn't come to CYA and say happy birthday. I didn't even have a present. Corvettes were on back order.