Monday, October 11, 2004

10-11-04 Monday

It came as a shock to me, but I should have been expecting it any day. Elder Kenneth Thompson died this morning at about 9:15 a.m. He went home to be with his Lord in Heaven. He has been in the hospital for the last month or two fighting infection and stomach cancer. It seemed to those who were present that Mr. Thompson was waiting for his family to gather around him and say goodbye. Pastor Johnston prayed and quoted from Psalm 23 as Mr. Thompson breathed his last. Dr. Blackwood was also present and he reminded the family to “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you” – John 14:1-2. We praise God greatly for all that Ken accomplished throughout his life. The long list of his ministries include his witness and service to the Church, to young people, and to his own family. Ken Thompson will be dearly missed by all who knew him. Continue to pray for strength for the family.

No comments: