Tuesday, October 05, 2004

10-3-04 Sabbath

Today was another one of those rare days when we actually got to Sabbath school on time! For one thing, it was because I was responsible to run the sound system. Pastor Ed Blackwood from Southside Reformed Presbyterian church led the class on the topic of “what is a church?” The most interesting thing I learned is how the church is not the building, but the people who meet there.

For the morning service, James Faris spoke using the topic “Of Him they will ask the more” from Luke 12:35-48. He gave many convicting points, but the biggest thing that hit me was to contemplate what kind of return I am giving for the investment God has made in my life. Am I living up to my name as a Christian? Here in the United States, I have been blessed with much more than many people in other countries. How am I using the abilities I have been given? I pray that as I go about my daily responsibilities that God’s glory will shine brightly through me. This is one way that I can bring a good return for God’s vast investment in me.

No comments: