Wednesday, October 20, 2004

A challenge to us all

Proverbs 10:9

“The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.”


This verse walks hand in hand with Proverbs 3:5-6 “5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.”

If a man expects to be secure on his path of life, he must put all his trust on the Lord. By living a life of dependence on the Lord, that man will become one of integrity, bringing glory to God in all that he does. Matthew 5:16 says: “In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” The man who walks uprightly brings honor to God by his godly actions. By reading and knowing the Scripture, God will direct the steps to take in life, and even illuminate the path as Psalm 119:105 tells us, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”

The man of malice and evil will surely be punished for his sin against men. A theme in Deuteronomy is to “purge the evil from among you.” As a man’s sins are found out, there will be people looking for his life. Proverbs 12:13 “An evil man is trapped by his sinful talk, but a righteous man escapes trouble.” The more lies and sins the man weaves, the easier and sooner the righteous will catch him for what he has said or done. God punishes those who take crooked paths, for he is a just God and they have walked on the path of the sinner.

This is a very convicting passage that really makes me think about what I do. Is it pleasing to God? Am I walking as one of integrity on the straight path? God alone knows. I am constantly working to make sure that my actions display Godly character so that others may be impacted by my example to them. I pray that God will use me in teaching people to walk in integrity, both in my family and at work.

No comments: