Thursday, October 07, 2004

Proverbs 15:13

Proverbs 15:13 “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.”

Luke 6:45 – a good parallel verse – “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.”

The meanings of these verses are very obvious. If you have peace in your heart, your life will give evidence to that. If your heart is in an uproar, you will have conflicts with others and God.

The attitude of one person is contagious. Many times, I have been around people with a gloomy outlook on the future. I am a Christian so I have the hope of going to Heaven when I die. People see that hope in my smile and character and they wonder what is different about me. If only it was that easy to explain to them!

No comments: