Tuesday, October 05, 2004

9-29-04 Wednesday

So far this week, I have tried my best to get up about 7 a.m. I find that by doing this I can start the day off with my quiet time and then go on to other things. Going to bed earlier at night is not easy, but getting up in the morning is even harder. I still get about the same amount of sleep, but I find that I am much more productive.

After lunch, I took Kevin to the Davies house for his math class. While I was waiting, I went just down the street to our church building and worked for about 2 hours cleaning up the property. I trimmed two trees, picked up trash along the street and blew leaves off the parking lot. By that time, I had to go pick him up and we went home.

From 6 to 8 p.m. I was at the Marion County Master Gardener Associations’ monthly meeting. This was the first evening meeting they had and it was a trial to see how great the interest was. There was a very good turn out and it will likely be done again. After getting some nibble food, I looked at the many displays that were set up detailing the numerous volunteer opportunities available to Master Gardeners. For the last hour, they had a speaker who talked about pleasure gardening. He described the many different landscaping plants he uses; almost all are tropical and do not live through the winter. Since he has to replant every year, he has the chance to have a new design every year. The many pictures that he showed were very helpful for giving ideas that I may use in my own landscaping. I hope to be able to go to the next meeting in October, since this one was as helpful as it was.

No comments: