Monday, October 18, 2004

10-18-04 Monday

Oh how much work I have to do! If only we could sleep while we were doing something else! I got up sometime late in the morning, I’m not sure exactly when, and worked on a few assignments. Then it was time to pick Kevin up from school because the weather was bad. I brought him home where he changed his clothes and got ready to leave. We then drove to his 1:30 p.m. class at BRANCH, the home school group in which most of our family is involved. I came home, took my shower, and ate my lunch. For the rest of the afternoon I worked on some of the many assignments for class on Thursday. At about 6 p.m., I left for the monthly NRN (Nicaragua Resource Network) Belcezar Committee meeting. NRN is the organization that I have gone to Nicaragua with four times in the past. They have a commitment to supporting four different pastors and their various ministries in Nicaragua. The Belcezar Committee oversees the needs of Pastor Belcezar who has eighteen daughter churches mostly in the western end of Nicaragua. Tonight was a very special time because Belcezar was here in Indiana for the week and came to the meeting! He started by going over needs of most of his churches. Some need as much as the land purchased and the building built, others need as little as windows or doors on the existing building. Next he gave an overview of the needs of the pastors at the churches. Some of the pastors are so poverty stricken that their children are not even able to go to school. There are so many needs, but we must look to God for guidance. The meeting ended with a wonderful time of prayer for Belcezar, his family, and the ministry in Nicaragua.

No comments: