Sunday, October 31, 2004

Recital, hayride...

All right, I don't have too much time, but I'm going to post anyway. :)

The piano recital that I had yesterday went great, even though I stumbled a little bit in the middle part, I was amazingly able to keep going! Even with that mess up, that was probably one of the best times I've played that piece - Chopin Waltz in D flat, Op. 64 #1.

After the recital, we (my family, Jaclyn Ames - friend from work and neighbor, and I) came home and got ready for our church hayride. When we got to the farm that was holding the hayride, we were just in time for dinner. After a nice meal, we sat by the fire and talked for a while until there was space on a hay wagon. After going on two wonderful rides, we decided that was enough. Since it was somewhat cold out, we figured one good way to warm up was to play some games. We played link tag, sharks and minnows, and cat and mouse. Well that was about the end of that and poeple started going home. There was a homeschool family that we know that was there and after talking to them for about a half an hour, we came home.
I had a lot of fun and I'm especially thankful that the Koss family was willing to host it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep! The hayride was great! Glad your recital went well too. I have one in a couple weeks, and I'm not sure how performing will go as it's been so long time since I've done it! But it will be good prep for auditions at Butler.

~Nirmala

Brian said...

When and where is your recital? I might try to make it.